Elke is a professional portrait photographer with experience in lifestyle & corporate photography as well as video and has been based in Melbourne since 2013.
Telling people’s stories is central to Elke’s work, and she uses lighting to create atmosphere. Elke’s work has been included in exhibitions such as the National Portrait Gallery in Canberra, National Portrait Gallery in London & The Barbican Arts Centre London and she has been a finalist in the National Portrait Award for the second time.
- 2013-current freelance photographer, Melbourne, Australia
- 2000-2012 freelance photographer, London, UK
- 1996-2000 BA(hons) Photography & Multimedia, University of Westminster, London, UK
Bauer Media, Fairfax Media, Frankie, Oyster, Bates Smart Architects, Mindfood, Barry Nilsson, Pinsent Masons, Ratio, Ray White, Australian Women Weekly, The Observer Magazine, The Independent on Saturday Magazine, The Independent Sunday Review, The Sunday Times Magazine, Elle UK, Psychologies, Grazia UK, GQ Germany, Glamour Germany, Topshop UK, Maria Grachvogel, Alexander McQueen for Puma, Metal, Neo2, Dealer de Luxe, Les Inrockuptibles, WWD, The Architect’s Journal, Architectural Review, Blueprint, MUF Architects, NME, Spex, Visions, Style, Intro, De-Bug, Jazzthing, Lado Records, Betty, Sonntagszeitung, Redwood Publishing, Cedar Publishing.
- 2018 Portrait Award, Devonport Regional Gallery, Devonport, TAS
- 2017 Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, Canberra, ACT
- 2017 Portrait Award, Mornington Peninsular Regional Gallery, Mornington, VIC
- 2017 Portrait Award, Blue Mountains Cultural Centre, Sydney, NSW
2015/16 Portrait Award, Artspace Mackay, Cairns Regional Art Gallery, Rockhampton Art Gallery, Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery
- 2015 Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, Canberra, ACT
- 2012 MUF showcase, The Architectural Biennale, Venice, Italy
- 2012 ‘Love’, The Printspace, London
- 2008 ‘The Bigger Picture’, Proud Camden, London
- 2007 ‘The Bigger Picture’, Proud Embankment, London
- 2006 ‘Film on film’, AOP Gallery, London
- 2004 ‘Fashion as a photograph’, National Portrait Gallery, London
- 2001 Deptford X, London
- 1998 ‘A picture of Independence’, Barbican Art Gallery, London